This recipe comes from Dr. Court’s Uncle Me. He sent it to us last week and I decided to make them Sunday morning. They are AMAZING! They remind me of coffee cake but a little lighter. The original recipe calls for stevia but you absolutely do not need it. The bread is plenty sweet without it. I also used a crunchy almond butter as that was all I had on hand and we thought they were fantastic. This bread is a great alternative to a wheat based breakfast bread but remember they are still pretty sweet and should probably be considered a once in a while treat.
Paleo Breakfast Bread
- ½ cup creamy roasted almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, with a hand blender, mix almond butter until creamy
- Mix in eggs, honey and vanilla
- Add salt, baking soda and cinnamon
- Mix well with hand blender until all ingredients are combined
- Transfer batter into a well-greased 8×8 inch Pyrex baking dish
- Bake at 325° for 12 to 15 minutes
Enjoy topped with butter along with the Fresh Veggie and Herb Scramble…now I call that a breakfast of champions!